VSO Nepal is currently recruiting for Volunteering positions for Action Learners and team Leader for its ICS programme.
VSO is the world’s largest leading independent international developmeMorganisation that works through volunteers to fight poverty in developing countries. We have been in Nepal since 1964 to improve the lives of impoverished people in some of the country’s poorest districts.
ABOUT VSO NEPAL ICS PROGRAMMF
• international Citizen Service (I(S) is a UK Government funded volunteering programme, led by WO. that brings together young people from the UK and Nepal to make a difference in some of the poorest communities In Nepal
• It promotes intercultural dialogue, sharing and learning between young people from the UK and Nepal
• It gives youth aged 18-2S a once-in-a-lifetime opponunity to spend three months to collaborate on finding solutions to real-life problems
The new group of placements will start in November 2016 for three months in Lalitpur. Baplunp Lamiunt and Kavre with projects focused on themes of Health, Education and livelihoods working alongside local NGO partners. Action Learners and Team Leaders will be placed In host-homes during the entire cycle. This is a luny funded programme and we wig cover all your food, transportation and accomodation cost. Please note that this is a voluntary position and not a paid position.
Action Learners (5O positions)
• Good verbal English language skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Interest in development work
• Commitment and willingness to complete the enure 3 months cycle !Meg and working in a rural and basic environment
• Must be 18-25 years of age
Two Leader (5 positions)
• Possesses good verbal and written English
• Experience of working with/supporting youth from varied backgrounds
• Ability to demonstrate strong leadership quantities
• Commitment to work in a rural and basic environment for at least 16 weeks
• Ability to plan logically and efficiently, managing a varied workload
• Desirable experience of working in the development sector
• Must be 23-35 years of age
How to apply:
Please send your motivation letter and CV (Including your Date of birth and phone number] via email clearly marking your subset depending on the status of your application as “Application for the post of ICS Action Warne. or Team Leader” by the 21st September 2016 to email@example.com