Helen Keller International (HKI) saves and improves the sight and lives of the worlds vulnerable by combatting the causes and consequences of blindness, poor health and malnutrition Since 1988, HKI Nepal has been providing technical assistance on a range of programs in Nepal HKI’s current focus is on adolescent. maternal and child health and nutrition.
Position: Deputy Country Director
Scope of the Position
The Deputy Country Director supports the efficient planning and implementation of programs and their objectives and activities by ensuring sound management and optimal performance in all areas of program oversight including operational research. risk management. safety and security. and human resources in compliance with HKI and donor policies.
The Deputy supports the CD to develop country office strategies and goals. and backs up the responsibilities of the CD S/he ensures all aspects of finance and administration are fully integrated with the work of the program leans to fulfill the HKI mission and the objectives established in grants The DCD contributes to securing funding for project activities ‘n Nepal as ml as to organization-wide efforts to optima program systems and operations research.
- Minimum seven years working in management of development programs for an international organization (five in a management position) plus.
- Masters’ degree or equivalent in development, program management, international development or other relevant field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated experience with INGO project management. including demonstrated ability to develop and monitor complex project interventions, M&E and operations research and IEC, and collaboratively manage project budgets and sub-grants
- Experience in managing USAID projects and familiarity with USAID policies and regulations as well as substantial experience with a variety of other development partners. including private sector
- Excellent interpersonal skills. demonstrated in previous roles that required communication with a broad and diverse group of partners and stakeholders.
- Excellent oral and written English language skills and the ability to clearly communicate complex issues
- An ability to work in challenging and changing environments
- Computer literate and proficient with automated and integrated accounting packages
- Ability and willingness to travel to project sites throughout the country
How To Apply
Please submit the following documents to: Nepalrecruitment@hki.org
- A cover letter clearly describing your experiences and competencies that meet the position requirement
- Updated CV
- Minimum of three reference, including current employer, with contact details (mobile and e-mail)
Deadline for Submission: COB 16th September, 2016
Applicants interested in the hill JD can request by email to the same address. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for the selection process.