Abt Associates and iDE Nepal seek highly qualified candidates for the USAID-funded five-year Knowledge Based Integrated Sustainable Agriculture in Nepal (KISAN) II project. KISAN II, part of USAID’s Feed the Future Initiative, will facilitate systemic changes that include 1) greater climate-smart intensification of staple crops and diversification into higher-value commodities, 2) strengthening of local market systems, 3) an improved enabling environment, and 4) improvements in vulnerable communities’ ability to act on business opportunities.
Ideal candidates for the following positions will be Nepali citizens with master’s degrees, at least seven years of experience, and experience using a collaborative, holistic approach to development efforts.
Abt and iDE seeks professionals with five to ten (5-10) years of experience to fill the following positions:
- Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP): Provide senior-level team leadership in developing agricultural market systems and facilitating private sector investment in agricultural markets using innovative and inclusive approaches.
- Monitoring Evaluation and Learning Director: Provide senior-level leadership for monitoring and evaluation, adaptive management, and learning within the project. Experience with Feed the Future indicators preferred.
- Partnership and Innovation Fund Manager: Dynamic individual who will to employ innovative business models and technology solutions to unlock the transformative potential of selected market systems
- Policy & Enabling Environment Director: Provide senior-level leadership to address policy and enabling environment issues in agricultural trade and investment, infrastructure, and food grades and standards.
- Business and Market System Director: Provide senior level leadership in developing and managing commercial agriculture production systems and facilitating technical support and guidance in the implementation of agriculture production programs.
Other opportunities In addition to the positions listed above, Abt Associate and IDE also seek senior and mid-level candidates with experience in the following areas: ICT4Ag, Finance and investment, vulnerable populations, youth & gender integration, business training and literacy, and communications.
About Us Abt Associates is a major American research, technical assistance, and international development company in the fields of agriculture, climate change, economic growth and health. iDE is a global development organization with a mission to create income and livelihood opportunities for poor rural households. iDE was formed in 1982 and has played a Pivotal role in Developing social Enterprises and market based approached.
How To Apply
To Apply Email your CV and a cover letter detailing your suitability for the position to AbtAsiajobs@gmail.com. Please include the position you are applying for or area of expertise in the subject line of your email.