Hotel Annapurna, Durbar Marg seeks a Financial Controller to join its management team. The Financial Controller is responsible for all hotel accounting and imple-menting financial policies and systems under the supervision of the General Manager. This position demands a dynamic, result-oriented professional with extensive experience in corporate hotel finance. They must be proactive and analytical operating in line with hotel and corporate policies, guidelines, and the hotel’s business plan and budget recommending alternative positive action in every aspect of financial matters.
- Prepare and manage the hotel’s cash flow through controls on inventory, credit and collection, disbursements, deposits and remittances. a Enforce, document and establish adequate controls for all revenues and expenses and protection of assets, ensuring that controls will satisfy or improve levels of guest service.
- Efficiently manage the work and development of members of the Finance Department with prompt, accurate responses and attention to detail.
- Maintain accurate and timely financial and operating information and provide management analyses, interpretations and projections as required
- Conduct monthly inspections and tests to ensure all departments are in compliance with with required procedures
- Ensure that all capital expenditures comply with original justification and approval
- Prepare and review annual audit work papers for outside auditors.
- Assist in preparing annual audited financial statements.
- Review bank reconciliations, loan schedules, management fees, etc.
- Prepare monthly forecast update, working closely with department heads in forecasting their department’s overheads.
- Work with the General Manager to prepare annual departmental budgets
- Work on special projects as needed
Qualifications: Chartered Accountant or MBA in Finance The successful candidate should have
- a minimum 3 to 5 years of experience in a similar position, preferably in Hotel Industry
- strong organisational and management skills
- ability to see the big picture while focusing on the process and procedures necessary to produce deliverable
- excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- a good command of the English language.
- meticulous attention to detail and accuracy in work product,
- the ability to meet and establish deadlines and be self-driven, yet have excellent inter-personal skills and be a team player
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward a detailed copy of their resume, stating current and expected salary and availability by January 5’h 2017, to the following address: email@example.com or Human Resources Manager, Hotel Annapurna, Durbar Mang, Kathmandu.