The Gurkha Welfare Trust Nepal (GWT-N) invites application from suitably qualified applicants for the post of Medical Claims Administrators to work on the processing and management of secondary medical care claims within the Nepalese region and providing support to the stakeholders for any billing issues. We are currently looking for candidates required to work at the Area Welfare Centres based in Pokhara, Kathmandu, Butwal, Dharan and Damak as outlined below. Are you interested in joining an exciting organisation dedicated to delivering high quality welfare and medical support to elderly pensioners across Nepal? Do you want to make a difference and contribute to developing healthcare in Nepal? The research is opened to both male and female applicants. We are looking for medical assistants who are used to working in a team to provide high quality evidence based care to our patients.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION & REQUIREMENTS
- Must have College qualification or equivalent in accountancy or finance related field, or relevant working experience in billings.
- Medical background with proven and certified training, and unrestricted registration with the Nepali Ministry of Health Regulation Agency.
- Must have an ‘Advanced level’ of English (written/spoken).
- Must be computer literate.
- Must be Nepali citizen.
REQUIRED BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of three years of work experience in processing medical claims.
- Experience in hospital or community medical facility claims processing experience within the last twelve months.
- Prior experience in working with Government/ International Organizations and NGO’s.
MAIN JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for serving as a point of contact for the Finance Cell and pensioners.
- To provide an efficient and effective claims and general customer service delivery to the GWT (N) secondary medical care providers and pensioners.
- Responsible to extract medical and blood tests results from the information system, scanning and recording results (numerical entities) and dates.
- Identify all cases of suspected fraud and notify the Finance Cell / Medical Advice Cell.
- Deal with all aspects of invoice/claim, reimbursement and reconciliation of claims queries.
- Maintain confidentiality when dealing with patient and/or client information at all times.
- Maintain accurate records including statistical information using the computer system made available by the organization.
- Involve the Medical Department for any medical irregularity on invoices escalating any issues to the Finance Cell.
- Ensure that the Finance Cell Manager / Medical Advice Cell Supervisor are fully briefed on issues that may impact the delivery of the service providing information as required.
- Complete other tasks as directed
We offer a competitive salary with Provident Fund. One month pay as Dashain Bonus and medical cover as per GWT (N) Staff Regulations The job is offered for 2 years initially and may be extended to further. The interview will be conducted in English.
Applications, clearly stating the job title that you are applying for with Curriculum Vitae written in English, recent passport size photo, copy of citizenship and any other relevant certificates should be sent to the Deputy Field Director, The Gurkha Welfare Trust (Nepal), British Gurkhas Pokhara, P.O. Box 50, Tallo Dip, Pokhara, Kaski, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. The application submission deadline is 04 May 2018.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview. No telephone calls will be entertained.
The Gurkha Welfare Trust Nepal is an equal opportunity employer and invites applications from alt