United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees Announces the Vacancy for the post of Programme Associate.
Position Title: Programme Associate
Duty Station: UNHCR Sub-Office, Damak
Duration: 1 year FTA (extendable)
Effective: Immediately Position
Number/Level: 10015427/G6 (this position has a lien)
Major Duties and Responsibilities: Under the direct supervision of Associate Programme Officer and overall supervision of the Programme Officer in Damak, the incumbent will be responsible for performing the following functions and responsibilities:
- Assist in negotiating agreements with project partners and ensure that project partnership agreements are established in conformity with UNHCR’s financial rules and the latest Headquarters’ instructions.
- Undertake proper collection, monitoring and use of baselines, standards and indicators needed to measure and analyse programme performance, trends and target interventions.
- Review the implementation and performance of project partnership agreements through appropriate physical monitoring to evaluate the projects by reviewing work plans, progress reports, budget, financial reports and expenditures; undertake field visits as required.
- Use UNHCR’s corporate tools (e.g. Global Focus, Focus Client) to assess the technical soundness of the operation and generate data for evidence-based decisions at the country-level.
- Assist in keeping donor representatives briefed on developments and assist in the development of funding submissions, appeals and reports.
- Assist in ensuring compliance in issuance of audit certificates for Project Partners.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Essential minimum Qualifications and Competencies Required:
- Education: Completion of secondary school and post-secondary training/ certificate in Business Administration, Social Science, International Law or related field.
- Job experience relevant to the function: 6 years.
- Computer skills (MS Office, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc).
- Excellent knowledge of English (written/oral/comprehension).
Desired qualifications and competencies:
- Completion of UNHCR learning programmes or specific training relevant to functions of position;
- Knowledge of Administrative / financial rules, procedures, processes in the context of UNHCR offices and Field operations;
- Knowledge of UNHCR specific programmes (MSRP, Focus, etc.);
- Prior exposure to UNHCR refugee operations and functions relating to office administration and programme activities.
A written test will be administered for shortlisted applicants.
How To Apply
Interested individuals are requested to send in their application marked “Application for the post of Programme Associate” with complete P.11 (UN Personal History Form available at UNHCR/UN Website: www.unhcr.org/www.un.org.np), addressed to HR Unit, UNHCR Representation in Nepal, P.O. Box. 2374, Kathmandu, Nepal or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 17.30 hrs on Thursday, 01 September 2016.
All things being equal, preference will be given to persons from the disadvantaged/socially deprived/indigenous communities and female candidates.