Opening Date Closing Date : May 24, 2017 : May 31, 2017
Position : Public Relations (PR) and Media Strategist
Reports to : Senior Manager Sales and Marketing
Location : Kathmandu
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Marketing.
- Good command over English (verbal and written).
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Confer with the Management to determine PR/media and advertising requirements and budgetary limitations, utilizing knowledge of product or service to be advertised, PR, media capabilities, and audience characteristics to achieve significant brand awareness.
- Develop and implement proactive and comprehensive media strategy focused on maximizing positive media coverage, and mitigating negative/harmful coverage.
- Prepare media management guidelines, outlining authorized media spokespeople and processes in relation to dealing with media enquiries.
- Assist in developing and implementing crisis management plans targeting key media in response to unfavorable or sensitive coverage.
- Coordinate activities with media partner to develop integrated campaigns within budget and timeline parameters.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with key media, including national and local journalists, broadcasters and agencies.
- Contributing to the development and regular updating of a media calendar.
- Identify opportunities for good news stories, develop materials and place them as effectively as possible within the media.
- Responding to media enquiries and issuing media materials (written and/or verbal) in a timely and professional manner.
- Preparing media materials including releases, briefing packages, statements, announcements, and opinion editorial and feature articles.
- Ensuring message consistency and currency at all times, and where necessary, the substantiation of all claims, statistics and quotes.
- Ensure all statistics, quotes, claims etc. can be sourced and substantiated.
- Analyze ongoing media coverage in relation to the Company ensuring all media messages are consistent and appropriate and adjust strategy as necessary.
- Establishing and maintaining media management guidelines outlining approved media spokespeople and processes in relation to responding to media enquiries (both positive and negative).
- Ensure all authorized media spokespeople are trained in dealing with the media.
- Briefing spokespeople in preparation for media interviews/conferences.
Applications must include the following:
- Cover letter.
- Current resume/CV with names and contact information (telephone and e-mail address).
- Copies of academic and/or training certificates.
How To Apply
All interested Nepali citizens are requested to apply at firstname.lastname@example.org