USAID-Health for Life Project is seeking “Quality Improvement Advisor” candidate for the USAID-Health for Life (H4L) Project which is a five-year (2012-2017) project financed by USAID and working primarily in coordination with the Government of Nepal’s Ministry of Health and Population (MOHP). Asa result, H4L has a significant national presence to support the testing and roll-out of national-level policies, guidelines and programs. In addition to the national focus, the Project covers 12 districts in the Mid-Western Development Region; 3 in the Western; one each in the Eastern, Central and Far-Western Regions; and in 10 (Dolakha, Dhading, Gorkha, Kavre, Makwanpur, Nuwakot, Ramechhap, Rasuwa, Sind hull and Sindhupalchowk) most earthquake affected districts to strengthen district and village health systems and help identify and implement best practices. H4L collaborates with a wide range of stakeholders, including academic and research Institutions, training centers, media partners and civil society.
The primary goal of H4L is to strengthen the Government of Nepal’s capacity to plan, manage and deliver high-quality and equitable family planning, maternal, newborn, and child health services. H4L activities directly address key health system constraints in the following areas: local health systems governance, data for decision making and evidence-based policy development, human resources management, quality improvement systems, and knowledge and behavior change. This position will be based in Kathmandu, Nepal.
• Work closely with respective divisions, partner projects and other EDPs to develop, pilot and evaluate the national 41 system and related C11 activities
• Support the field office 01 Specialist and support district office staff to strengthen capacity of DPHOs in CR
• Lead In the documentation of all QI activities and lessons learned. Integrate and build capacity to use of data within the 01 activities and systems
• Serve as the H4L national ANM pre-service/HRH point person to liaise with CTEVT, MoH, MoE, NNC, NAN, MIDSON, ANM schools and other interested EDPs
Education and Experience:
• Master’s-level degree in public health or a related field. Clinical degree (doctor, staff nurse preferred)
• Minimum 7-8 years of experience developing technical tools and approaches in FP/RH and experience with different service delivery models and quality improvement approaches
• Up-to-date knowledge of technical guidelines, best practices, and innovations in FP/RH and program approaches designed for rural, disadvantaged and hard to reach populations
• Ability to travel and work well under pressure and with minimum supervision
• Excellent verbal and written skills in English and Nepali
How to apply
To Apply: Qualified applicants should email a resume with contact Information to email@example.com with “Quality Improvement (QI) Advisor” in the subject line. Deadline is 18 September 2016; however, applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Telephone inquiry will not be entertained.
Qualified women and candidates from marginalized and disadvantaged community are encouraged to apply.