Good Neighbors International (GNI) Nepal is an international non-governmental organization working in Nepal since 2002 with the objective of improving the lives of people, especially children through education, income generating activities, health services, WASH, advocacy, network building and disaster risk reduction.
GNI invites application for following position for its Saemaul Zero Hunger Communities Project (SZHCP) Phase II, Doti district:
Position: Senior Agriculturist, Doti District (One)
Job Description :
- Design gender-sensitive agricultural extension activities including livestock development.
- Provide technical backstopping and supervision to the staff members of the implementing partners.
- Design a detailed agriculture training package (soil conservation, crop production, protection, and marketing).
- Analyze potential for agro-forestry & permaculture; and conduct detailed agricultural value chain analysis including post-harvest handling & storage.
- Collect data and information of implementing partners to identify knowledge and skill gaps.
- Coordinate with the local implementing partners and non-/government line agencies.
Job Specification :
- Master’s degree in Agricultural Science with specialization in agro-value chain development is preferred.
- Minimum five years of experience in commercial agricultural production, agribusiness development, and marketing.
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Nepali.
Eligible and interested candidates are requested to send the most recent CV along with the duly filled EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION FORM (which can be downloaded at http://gninepal.org/work-with-us/ career/) to email@example.com
Detailed TOR including salary information can be downloaded at http://gninepal.org/work-with-us/career/ GNI Nepal is offering a competitive salary for the position.
Deadline: 23 June 2017
Only applicants who are short-listed will be contacted for further recruitment process. Applications received after the deadline will not be considered. We encourage women and candidates from ethnic and marginalized communities to apply. Canvassing at any stage of the process shall lead to automatic disqualification.