American Embassy in Kathmandu is seeking an individual for the position of Administrative Assistant. Interested candidates should visit the following link for a full Vacancy Announcement and application procedure:
POSITION: Administrative Assistant, FSN – 7; FP-7
OPENING DATE: September 15, 2016
CLOSING DATE: September 29, 2016 WORK HOURS: Full-time; 40 hours/week
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION
Under the supervision of the Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC) Country Director, the incumbent is responsible for managing all administrative functions related to MCC operations in Nepal. The incumbent liaises with the Government of Nepal for MCC program management requirements such as quarterly financial reporting to MCC, monitoring and assisting with communication between MCC and the Government of Nepal.
NOTE: Applicants must address each required qualification listed below with specific information supporting each item. Failure to do so will result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
1. Successful completion of Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Business Administration or Science is required.
2. A minimum of three years of progressively responsible experience in office management/administration, business administration, or program management support is required.
3. Level IV (Fluent) reading/speaking/writing English is required. Level IV (Fluent) reading/speaking/writing Nepali is required. English language ability will be tested.
4. Thorough knowledge of business principles, concepts, and methodology involved in administering documentation and data management is required.
5. Strong organizational skills are required. Ability to use software applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, is required. Computer skills will be tested.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants must submit the following documents or the application will not be considered.
1. Universal Application for Employment (UAE) (Form DS-174), which is available on our website at http://nepal.usembassy.gov/about_the_embassy/job-opportunities.html or by contacting Human Resources Office at the Embassy.
2. Any additional documentation that supports or addresses the requirements listed above (e.g. copies of education certificates, transcripts, degrees, awards etc.)
WHERE TO APPLY:
E-mail Address Recruitktm3@state.gov (write “Application for Administrative Assistant in the Subject Line) Or Human Resources Office G.P.O. Box 295 Kathmandu, Nepal (Please clearly mark your envelope as “Application for Administrative Assistant)