A NGO working on issue of local governance in Madhesh/Terai invites application from eligible candidates for the following positions:
JOB TITLE: ASSISTANT PROJECT OFFICER-1
Function of the position:
- The Assistant Project Officer will work alongside the project team to assist in the delivery of the projects both in the Central and District Offices.
- The APO will support Project and M&E Officers in order to carry out day-to-day project management activities smoothly.
The main areas of responsibility will include:
- Contribute in project planning meetings
- Maintain communication with District Offices and report the progress to the Project and M&E Officers.
- Collect monitoring information from the field visits and report
- Support Officers in carrying out capacity building activities and logistic support.
- Document project activities using photography, recording verbal statements and other means
- Support in carrying out any other related duties as required by his/her supervisors.
- Provide day-to-day project administrative support to Project team for field visits, project payments and updates.
- The Assistant Project Officer will report directly to the Project Officer.
- At least Bachelor Degree in social science, governance and development or in relevant field
- Minimum of a year of experience in the NGOs or development sector.
- Fluency in English is highly required.
- Understanding of governance and development, accountability tools, project implementation, and monitoring and evaluation
- Able to use computer to run office application software packages
- A willingness to travel frequently often to remote areas.
- Excellent computer skills including Word, Excel and Powerpoint.
Interested candidates can apply by email along with expected salary in cover letter, updated CV, address and names of at least two referees by 12th December 2017 to:
The Executive Director
Women, Madheshi, Dalits, Janajatis and members of other disadvantaged groups are highly encouraged to apply