American Embassy in Kathmandu is seeking an individual for the position of American Citizen Services (ACS) Assistant. Interested candidates should visit the following link for a full Vacancy Announcement and application procedure:
The American Embassy in Kathmandu is seeking an individual for the position of American Citizen Services (ACS) Assistant.
OPEN TO: All Interested Candidates
The “Open To” category listed above refers to candidates who are eligible to apply for this position. The “Open To” category should not be confused with a “hiring preference” which is explained later in this vacancy announcement.
POSITION: American Citizen Services (ACS) Assistant, FSN – 7; FP-7
OPENING DATE: August 26, 2016
CLOSING DATE: September 9, 2016
WORK HOURS:Full-time; 40 hours/week
NOTE: ALL ORDINARILY RESIDENT (OR) APPLICANTS (See Appendix for definition) MUST HAVE THE REQUIRED WORK AND/OR RESIDENCY PERMITS TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR CONSIDERATION.
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION
The incumbent performs a full range of routine and emergency consular services for American citizens. The incumbent assists Consular Officers in understanding and evaluating Nepali emergency service and immigration law and procedures, to include adoption. The incumbent drafts routine correspondence, prepares cases for review by the Consular Officer, performs filing and record keeping, and responds to telephone inquiries on a variety of American Citizen Services (ACS). The incumbent also assists with non-immigrant and immigrant visa processing when required.
NOTE: Applicants must address each required qualification listed below with specific information supporting each item. Failure to do so will result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
- Successful completion of Higher Secondary School (Grade 12) is required.
- A minimum of two years of experience in any clerical or administrative work is required.
- Level IV (Fluent) reading/speaking/writing English is required. Level IV (Fluent) reading/speaking/writing Nepali is required. English language ability will be tested.
- Good knowledge and working experience of Windows-based computer applications such as MS Word, Excel, and MS Outlook is required.
- The ability to exercise tact in dealing with numerous clienteles, and the ability to work under continuous pressure are also required.
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: The complete position description listing all of the duties and responsibilities may be obtained on our website at http://nepal.usembassy.gov/about_the_embassy/job-opportunities.html
HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: When qualified, applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
(1) AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran* (2) AEFM / USEFM
(3) FS on LWOP**
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of the most recent Member Copy Four (4) of the DD-214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty, and, if applicable, a letter from the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs. If claiming conditional eligibility for U.S. Veterans’ preference, applicants must submit proof of conditional eligibility. If the written documentation confirming eligibility is not received in the HR office by the closing date of the vacancy announcement, the U.S. Veterans’ preference will not be considered in the application process. Mission HR’s decision on eligibility for U.S. Veterans’ preference after reviewing all required documentation is final.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP.
ADDITIONAL SELECTION CRITERIA:
- Management may consider any of the following when determining successful candidacy: nepotism, conflicts of interest, budget, and residency status.
- Current OR employees serving a probationary period are not eligible to apply. Current OR employees with an Overall Summary Rating of Needs Improvement or Unsatisfactory on their most recent Employee Performance Report (EPR) are not eligible to apply.
- Current NOR employees hired on a Family Member Appointment (FMA) or a Personal Service Agreement (PSA) are not eligible to apply within the first 90 calendar days of their employment, unless they have a When Actually Employed (WAE) work schedule.
- The candidate must be able to obtain and hold a security clearance.
How To Apply
Applicants must submit the following documents or the application will not be considered.
- Universal Application for Employment (UAE) (Form DS-174), which is available on our website at http://nepal.usembassy.gov/about_the_embassy/job-opportunities.html or by contacting Human Resources Office at the Embassy.
- Any additional documentation that supports or addresses the requirements listed above (e.g. copies of education certificates, transcripts, degrees, awards etc.)
WHERE TO APPLY:
E-mail Address Recruitktm2@state.gov the Subject Line)
Human Resources Office G.P.O. Box 295 Kathmandu, Nepal
(write “Application for ACS Assistant in
(Please clearly mark your envelope as “Application for ACS Assistant)