Trekking Agencies’ Association of Nepal (TAAN) is an umbrella organization of more than 1,400 trekking companies of Nepal. It has been working as bridge between the government and the private sector of trekking industry, exploration of new trekking destinations, infrastructure development and promotion and development of trekking trails all over Nepal. It seeks applications from eligible and competent Nepali citizens for its Restoration of Trekking & Transportation Trail in Langtang Valley Project for the following position.
• Civil Engineer /Architect- 1
• This is the key position responsible for overall technical management of the project.
• Experience in Suspension Bridge will be given more priority.
QUALIFICATION, MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY COMPETENCIES
• Bachelor’s in Engineering with at least 3 years of experience in construction of rural community infrastructure (especially safe walking trails, suspension bridge and tuins) in mountain area.
• Excellent coordination, communication and interpersonal skills (team building and team work) with key stakeholders at project and district levels.
• Community mobilization skill.
• Good command in computer operation.
• Very good skills and knowledge in documentation and reporting in English and Nepali.
• Pro-active, innovative and committed to travel in the remote and mountain areas to monitor and support the project team and stakeholders.
How to apply
Please apply to the following address with recent CV and cover letter by 3 November 2016 with detailed contact address and numbers (telephone or mobile) either through email or by postal delivery:
Trekking Agencies’ Association of Nepal (TAAN), PO Box No. 2612, Maligaon Nepal
Email Id: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
This vacancy is taken from The Himalayan Times.