United Mission to Nepal (UMN) is an international development organisation which aims to enable the poorest people living in poverty to transform their lives, leading towards fullness of life. As we serve the people of Nepal, multicultural teams of Nepali and volunteer expatriate staff work alongside local organisations in ten districts of the country, building partnerships that lead to healthy, dignified and empowered individuals and transformed communities
Position: Community Physiotherapist (based in Kathmandu)
The main responsibility of the job is to manageand provide technical expertise to disability rehabilitation project in the Cluster catchment areas as per UMN’s strategy through effective capacity-building of local partners, relationship-building, project management and medical rehabilitation of Persons/Children with Disabilities. Qualification and Experience: .1) Bachelor’s Degree in Physiotherapy or equivalent; t’s Five years of working experience in medical rehabilitation especially community based primary rehabilitation therapy and or physiotherapy;
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of current disability issues in Nepal;
- Good experience of project management including planning, budgeting, monitoring, reporting and developing proposals;
- Experience with participatory whole-community assessment, design, implementation, and monitoring processes;
- Familiar with up-to-date poverty eradication strategies, policies and development practices in Nepal and outside;
- Ability in developing medical rehabilitation training packages and delivering training;
- Cross-cultural work experience and compassion toward Persons/Children with Disabilities preferred;
- Good computer skills including MS Office Package. Knowledge of database application would bean advantage;
- Excellent language and communication skills in both Nepali and English.
Salaries and benefits will be according to UMN standards.
How To Apply
All interested individuals who meet the minimum qualifications are encouraged to apply for this position. The Job Description and Application Form can be downloaded from our website: www.umn.org.np/vacancy Completed application forms should be sent by e-mail to email@example.com by 4:00 pm on Wednesday, 6 June 2018. Short-listed candidates will be invited to participate in an assessment process We especially encourage applications from Persons with Disabilities, women and marginalized groups.