Save the Children believes every child deserves a future. In Nepal and around the world, we give children a healthy start in life, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm.We do whatever it takes for children – every day and in times of crisis – transforming their lives and the future we share.
Save the Children is in the process of bidding the Nepal Health System Strengthening (HSS) Project. The objectives of the project are to; I) Improve access to and utilization of healthcare services; ii) improved quality of health services and iii) improve health system governance, including within the context of decentralization and federalism.
In this regard. Save the Children invites applications from the interested and eligible candidates (Nepali Citizens) who are reliable accountable, have the ability to deliver results with the highest level of integrity and who value diversity for the following position in the upcoming USAID Health System Strengthening (HSS) program.
Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP)
The Deputy Chief of Party will be for a potential USAID Health System Strengthening (MSS) program to build the capacity of the Government of Nepal (GoN) to plan, manage and deliver high quality and equitable family planning, maternal, newborn and child health services through cross-cutting HSS interventions including in context of improving governance, decentralization and federalism. The position Is contingent on program award and USAID approval for the proposed personnel. The position represent a crucial aspect of programme quality management and reporting within Nepal HSS programme implementation. S/he will be responsible for managing a technical team and the full breadth of program activities including support for development, implementation and monitoring of program activities.
Term and Location:
Fixed term tentatively from January 2018 – December 2022 based in Kathmandu
Required Background and Experience,Skills and Behaviors
- Master’s degree in an area of public health.social development or equivalent
- At least 10 years (7 years for GSI group*) experience preferably working closely with Ministry of Health and USAID funded projects
- Awareness of international quality standards and proven experience of using these standards in practical ways to promote quality and accountable health programming
- Proven success in managing a team and dedication to staff development
- Proven experience to maintain close working relationships and coordination with the Ministry of Health, USAID-funded partners, other technical component leads and other local stakeholders and partners . . . . . . . . .
- Experience of solving tom. plex issues through analysis.definition of a clear way forward and ensuring buy in
- Ability to present complex information in a succinct and compelling manner
- Proven written and oral presentation skills in English ,
*GSI group ine‘de Female. Doer Modhshi With Disabilities and other indigenous/minorities
How To Apply
Human Resource Department Save the Children Airport Gate, Shree Krishna Bhawan. Shambhu Mary Sinamangal, Kathmandu. Nepal GPO Box 3394, Kathmandu
The application deadline for the position(s) is 17:00 hrs,Sunday,May 14,2017. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further selection process.Canvassing at any stage of the processes shall lead to automatic disqualification. Telephone inquiries will lot be entertained.
Qualified candidates from minorities, indigenous groups. women and people with disabilities from local level are highly encouraged to apply.