-mar Rolling Plans Private Limited (RPPL) announces the vacancy for Adaptation for Smallholders in Hilly Areas (ASHA) Project, is an undertaking of Ministry of Forest and Soil Conservation (MoFSC) with the financial support of International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD). This is a six-year project (effective from 26th February 2015) going to be implemented in six districts of Mid Western Development Region (Kalikot, Dailekh, Salyan, Jajarkot, Rukum and Rolpa). MoFSC is the Executing Agency with overall project implementation responsibilities. Department of Agriculture and Department of Livestock Service of the Ministry of Agricultural Development are the implementing partners. The project implements its activities In closed collaboration with District Coordination Committee in each district. ASHA is a climate change adaptation project that supports in developing capacity to tackle consequences of climate change. The goal of this project is reducing poverty in hilly areas of Nepal who are facing challenges due to climate change. There are two main outcomes in the project, Framework for local-level climate adaptation strengthened and Climate resilience of vulnerable smallholder farmers improved.
RPPL hereby invites interested and appropriately qualified Nepalese citizens to apply for the following job positions as per the following minimum requirements of qualification and experiences:
Job Position – Number and Minimum Required Qualification and Experience
I. Local Adaptation Plan of Action LAPA Coordinator
Vacancy Code: LAPA/ASHA/017
- Bachelors degree in climate change. environment management. natural resource management, sustainable rural development or related discipline
- At least 5 years of professional experience in natural resource management, including at least 2 years of experi-ence in LAPA preparation for local level climate change adaptation and 2 years working experience at field level
- This position is based in Kalikot district
2. District GIS Specialist: 2
Vacancy Code: GISS/ASHA/017
- Bachelors degree in geo-spatial mapping, earth science or related discipline
- At least 4 years of professional experience in related field, including 3 years of experience in remote sensing & GIS analysis in the context of climate change adaptation vulnerability and risk assessment, natural re-source management and related field
3. Agriculture Specialist
Vacancy Code: AGSP/ASHA/017
- Masters degree in agriculture, plant protection, soil sciences or related discipline
- At least 7 years of professional experience in agriculture production programmes, including at least 3 years of work experience in the senior level and at least 3 years of work experience at field level
4. Engineer : 1
- Bachelors degree in civil engineering or related discipline -At least 3 years of professional experience in rural infrastructure development, with at least I year of field work experience
Terms of Reference (ToR) for all the above positions can be downloaded from www.rollingplans.com.np/asha and also can be collected from the office of Rolling Plans Pvt. Ltd., Bijulibazar-10, New Soneshwor during the office hours.
How To Apply
To Apply: The applicant should fill up online form at www.rollingplans.com.np/asha according to job position and should include a cover letter, updated CV and self-attested copies of necessary testimonials that qualify the CV. The application needs to be received latest by 17:00Hrs, September 2, 2017 (Bhadra 17, 2074) in the address given below.
The organization reserves the right to reject any/all applications without assigning any reason whatsoever. Canvassing at any stage of the process shall lead to automatic disqualification.
Rolling Plans Pvt. Ltd. Phone: 01- 4784183 1 4785215 Address: Bijulibazar- 10, New Baneshwor, Kathmandu