Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian organisation working in 51 developing countries that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
Plan International has been working in Nepal since 1978, helping marginalised children, their families and communities to access their rights to health, education, economic security and protection. Through the support of local partners, Plan International works in 42 districts in Nepal. We take active measures in recruitment and employment practices to ensure children are protected.
Plan International Nepal invites application from interested and eligible candidates for below mentioned position:
Executive Secretary – 1 Position
Purpose: The position holder will be responsible to provide administrative support to the Country Director (CD). S/he will be responsible in managing schedules, calendars, calls, visitors, managing communications, international travel & all travel logistics for international visitors. S/he will be responsible for organizing meetings, workshops and ensuring all required documentation, managing Director Salary Related Budget, & other CD related logistics.
Term and Location: Fixed term employment for 3 years based in Country Office, Lalitpur.
Required Qualifications & Experiences:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration/ Business Studies and equivalent.
• At least 3 years relevant working experience in secretarial and administration.
• Proven experience in coordination, liaison and networking.
• INGO work experience preferred.
• Coordinate and record calendar events for Country Director including appointments, meetings, and conferences.
• Prepare meeting agenda, collect relevant materials and take meeting minute and records of proceedings.
• Liaise between Country Director and management team, staff and others in communicating directives, instructions and assignments including necessary follow ups.
• Review internal and external correspondence and reports and update the Country Director for an appropriate action.
• Maintain updated correspondences between the Country Director and Country Management Team (CMT) /Nepal Management Team (NMT) decisions for future reference including filing / sharing of previous CMT/NMT minutes and decisions.
• Establish and accurately maintain filing and record management systems for the Country Director.
• Assist with preparation of the office and Country Director Salary Related Budget.
• Provide letter of invitation (L01) to the visitors, dispatch an updated Visitor’s Information Guide to each visitor prior to their arrival in Nepal.
• Facilitate staff/visitors international travel ensudng compliance of Plan’s due diligence procedures for all official international staff travels.
How to apply
To Apply, Log on to www.merolob.com/planmintemational-v35 and dick “Apply Online” icon below the details of each respective job positions. The deadline for application is Saturday 15 October 2016. Applications are solely accepted through merojob online application procedures. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further selection process. Canvassing at any stage of processes shall lead to automatic disqualification.
Plan International strongly encourages female applicants, applicants from dalit, madhesi, janajati, marginalised ethnic groups and offers proactive support and capacity development for female staff and staff from marginalised groups.
This vacancy has been taken from Kantipur Newspaper of 1st October 2016.