WaterAid Nepal (www.wateraid.org) is an INGO with a vision of a world where everyone has access to safe water and sanitation. With a mission to transform lives by improving access to safe water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) in the world’s poorest communities, WaterAid works with partners to maximize its impacts for policy change/influence.
POSITION: MANAGER FINANCE, ADMINISTRATION AND OPERATIONS (1)
As a member of the Senior Management Team (SMT), contribute to the development and management of the overall country programme, overseeing the management of the Country Programme finances, administration, operations and ensuring there are effective, agile and enabling systems supporting the implementation of programmes. Reporting to the Country Director, take specific responsibility for coordinating the support systems (finance, administration, logistics, office management, security) in accordance with organisational and donor policies. Represent WaterAid to relevant external stakeholders as necessary.
The role requires a level of oversight and leadership of finance, administration and operations systems that ensures effective measures (including policies, procedures, capacities) are in place that allow the organisation to be effective, agile and proficient. The post-holder will have direct responsibility for initiating and implementing strategic support initiatives that address shortcomings and improve the performance of the organisation.
CANDIDATE PROFILE: Academic Qualification: Tertiary level qualification in relevant field (Business Administration, Finance, or other relevant disciplines)
• At least five (5) years of senior management experience in a similar organisational/ functional context with leading design and management of enabling systems, customer service and quality
• Experience of leading and managing a diverse team of finance, administration, office operationswith proven ability to motivate and develop the skills of others
• Experienced in grant management, donor compliances and working in diverse partnerships
• Understanding of legal compliances and regulations for INGOs in Nepal
• Excellent organizational planning skills, with an ability to effectively manage deadlines and priorities
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills, cross cultural awareness and sensitivity.
• Flexible and adaptable approach to working in a changing environment
• Some understanding of the WASH sector in Nepal, key sector stakeholders and critical blockages and opportunities • Willingness to travel to remote field locations
• High levels of English and Nepali (written and spoken)
How to Apply
Interested and competent applicants are requested to fill up an online application form available on www.people2people.com.np and submit
(i) an application letter
(ii) a recent Curriculum Vitae no later than Monday, 5th December, 2016.
Detailed TOR for the position can be obtained from www.people2people.com.np
For queries please contact People2People at 01-5539788 / 5539746 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
This vacancy is taken from The Himalayan Times.