The Royal Norwegian Embassy in Kathmandu has a vacant position as Personal Assistant to the Ambassador.
The Embassy is centrally located in Patan area (Bakhundole), and employs for the moment approximately 25 people, including eight Norwegian diplomats.
Job Description: As the Personal Assistant to the Ambassador, you will be in charge of ensuring a functioning infrastructure for the Ambassador. Your tasks include managing his daily agenda, organizing official trips, support for high-level visits and invitation management among other things.
Your specific responsibilities include overseeing the demanding office management and administering the diary of the Ambassador; you will plan and organize staff and events at the Residence (logistics) as well as support tasks related to the Ambassador’s occasions.
You will be the point of entry for all contacts with the Ambassador in relation with the staff of the Embassy, Nepali public ministries and institutions and Nepali society generally as well as foreign representations.
You will manage the Ambassador’s correspondence, coordinate and write the Ambassador’s speeches and do interpretation and translation when needed.
You will be responsible for cultural affairs and be the media contact person for the Embassy.
Additional duties beyond those listed here will be determined and assigned as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Several years of employment experience in a diplomatic, international or related fields
- Full computer literacy with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to work independently and under stress
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Personal integrity and trustworthiness
- Flexible and capable to take initiatives and to follow-through
- Able to multitask and pay attention to details
- Excellent command of English, both oral and written
- Practical experience with diplomatic protocol and the procedures is a definitive advantage.
Application procedure: The position is available from 1 June 2017. The first 6 months are probation.Short-listed candidates will be called for interview, including a written test and oral presentation. Salaries and benefits are competitive at national level and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
How To Apply
Application and CV including references, marked “Personal Assistant to the Ambassador.’ should be submitted not later than 14 April 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org or to the Royal Norwegian Embassy, P.O. Box 20765, Kathmandu, Nepal. Telephone Enquirers will not be entertained.