Collective Campaign for Peace (COCAP) is recruiting 3 positions for its Nepal Peace Monitoring Project. The project, supported by The Asia Foundation (TAF), aims to expand COCAP’s existing protection and conflict prevention initiative, NepalMonior.org into a Peace Monitoring Platform.
Program Officer :
Media Monitoring and Analysis for the Nepal Monitor Project with Collective Campaign for Peace (COCAP) In Kathmandu (For Nepalese citizens only) — 3 Positions
Data-entry of incident reports taken from national media and district-level newspapers, preparing short summaries of incidents in English and Nepali, mapping and coding of incident reports and conducting follow-up to verify reports by phone.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Social Science or other relevant fields and at least 3 years of work experience.
• Interest in conflict analysis, violence monitoring, and human rights.
• Excellent English and Nepali skills in speaking, reading and writing.
• Proficiency in entering Nepali texts using Preeti and/or Unicode essential.
• Advanced skills in using Excel. Database management experience an advantage.
• Some background In Journalism is an advantage. This is a position for 18 months with first 3 months of probation period.
Salary: NRs. 34,240 per month with additional yearly increments and bonuses.
How to apply
Please view detailed vacancy announcements: www.cocap.org.np/opportunities.php Applicants must submit the Application Form available in COCAP website and send their CV with names and contact details of two referees to firstname.lastname@example.org, clearly mentioning Application for the post of Program Officer—Media Monitoring and Analysis In the subject line. The deadline for application is 08 November, 2016. Shortlisted candidates are expected to attend test and interview on 3rd week of November and successful candidates will have to join from 01 December, 2016. Incomplete applications will not be entertained.
Women, Dalits, Janajatis, Madhesi, people with disabilities, other minorities and COCAP volunteers are especially encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified for further selection process.
Collective Campaign for Peace (COCAP) P.O. Box: 15142 KPC 1010, Anamnagar, Kathmandu, Nepal, Phone: 01-4265143/4260498
This vacancy is taken from Kantipur Newspaper.