Youth Acting for Change, Nepal (YAC- Nepal) is a non-governmental Development organization registered in Kailali District, that has been in Far west Nepal since 2004 with focus on promotion of Human Right to Food, improving livelihood of poor vulnerable and socially excluded people through community led action for Governance and justice. YAC Nepal currently implementing Project “Strengthening the Right to Food” Project (RtF Project) in Far-West Nepal for 3 year period up to 2019 November. Key focus of program interventions are: capacity building related to Right to Food, Documentation & case work of RtF Violated cases, Awareness Creation, Advocacy & Monitoring towards realization of right to adequate food. YAC Nepal is seeking applications from highly motivated, dynamic and result oriented qualified Nepalese citizens for the following position based in Dhangadhi, Kailali with frequent travel to field.
1) Project coordinator – 1
MAJOR RESPONSIBIUTYAND DUTIES:
She/he will be responsible for overall program development, planning, implementation, and monitoring, co-ordination, management, formulation and review programming strategy in the light of ensuring program outcomes. S/he will also be responsible for Human resource development and Team building, and to coordinate for Administration and Finance Management, Prepare analytical Reports, Liaison with partners and Donors etc. Similarly, S/he will be responsible for building capacity of staffs and stakeholders to implement the project and Monitoring and promotion of activities of human rights (preferable focus on ESC Rights).
Qualification requirements Include the following:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in law, Agriculture and/or similar field, preferably Masters Degree in Law from recognized university.
- At least 5 years of professional experience related to ESCR with knowledge on government structure, mechanism, policies and programs. Extensive field based experience and Strong skills on leadership, analytical planning, facilitation, decision making and problem solving.
- Demonstrated skill on collaboration, team building and advocacy.
- Practical experiences of developing and presenting promotional materials of program.
- Excellent command on writing and speaking in both English and Nepali language.
- Demonstrated presentation and management skills.
2) Monitoring and Documentation Officer – 1
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITY AND DUTIES:
She/he will responsible for planning the project activity, monitoring of progress of projects in view of indicators, monitoring frame, and outcomes. Monitor/review/analyse data information dis-aggregated to gender and inclusion produce meaningful output/outcomes, government Policy analyses, programs in terms of Right to Food issues and document RtF violation cases, analyses cases form legal and human right perspective, Develop programming documentations, stories considering project progress, Produce case studies, best practices, field experiences, other advocacy materials, Monitor the program activities and Ensure monitoring reports in timely manner.
Qualification and experience requirements:
- Bachelors degree in law, Agriculture, Public administration, or similar field, preferably Masters degree in Law, environment Science or any other relevant disciplines from recognized University.
- Excellent command on writing and speaking in both English and Nepali language along computer skill on word, and Excel,
- At least 3 years Experience on monitoring, evaluation, documentation, with strong leadership skill, good knowledge on designing social survey, data analyses, sampling technique, and Report writing. Good understanding on national and international socio-economic context, SDG, and ESCR.
How To Apply
Interested candidates fulfilling the criteria mentioned above are requested to submit their application with Curriculum Vita (CV) to this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org or YAC Nepal office Dhangadhi Sub-Metropolitan 5, Hasanpur, Kailali no later than 4:00 PM 19 January 2017. Women, Dalit & Janjati will be encouraged. Only shordisted candidates will be contacted. This vacancy is available in http://www.yacnepal.org.np/vacancy.php