The Korea International Cooperation Agency (KOICA) was established on April 1, 1991 under the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Government of the Republic of Korea to implement Korea’s grant aid assistance. Since the establishment, KOICA has been at the forefront of Korea’s international development effort. KOICA’s aim is to facilitate socio-economic development of its partner countries through project type assistance, dispatch of Korean Volunteers, Fellowship Program, Public-Private Partnership Program and Multilateral Cooperation. (See for more information: www.koica.go.kr)
Currently, KOICA is looking for an experienced and qualified Nepali national who will be mainly responsible for the ‘National Health Insurance Support Project (NHISP)’ being implemented by KOICA. This project support the National Health Insurance program led by SHSDC under the Ministry of Health. The major activities of NHISP is to provide technical support to the Government of Nepal.
Post title: Project Manager
Duration: 1 year (possibility of extension)
Type of Contract: Fixed-term Contract
Duty Station: Mostly in Kathmandu (NHISP Office) with occasional field visits
Application Deadline: December 26, 2017
- Provide technical advice and programmatic guidance to central- and field-level stakeholders during preparation, financial analysis and implementation of the health insurance project.
- Serve as programmatic liaison to external partners, including representing the organization at national, regional and local levels.
- Develop, implement and manage the project work plan and track financial and programmatic progress towards achieving the goals and objectives of the project.
- Design and implement a monitoring and evaluation plan to ensure the quality and accuracy of the activities. Facilitate monitoring meetings and visits.
- Design and/or coordinate research activities to support the program, such as mid-term and end-line surveys as needed.
- Conduct validation and dissemination workshops with NHIF, MoH and relevant stakeholders.
- Ensure the project activities are in line with government policies, regulations and acts.
- Ensure regular financial and programmatic reporting and documentation.
- Undertake other activities related to the project as assigned by KOICA.
Required qualifications: Academic background: A Masters degree in public health, health economics is preferred or development studies
Work experience: At least five (5) years of professional experience in program management preferably in the health/health economics sector.
Required skills and proficiency
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the national health system and health financing
strategy Knowledge on social protection policies, regulations and acts of Nepal.
- Understanding or experience with program monitoring and evaluation and need
- Excellent planning, organizing and monitoring skills.
- Good command of Microsoft Office and other statistical packages.
- Excellent English language and computers skills.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should submit their signed CV and motivation letter and work plan (1-2 pages) through e-mail to nepalakoica.go.kr by 17:00 hrs, December 26, 2017.
Salary and other benefits will be adhered to the policy of KOICA Nepal Office.
received after the deadline will not be considered. Any phone calls, written or personal inquiries
will not be entertained in this regard. Only selected candidates will be contacted for the further
rocedures. KOICA Nepal Office reserves all rights or the recruitment.