First date of publication: 9th September, 2016
Post title: Project Manager
Duty station: National Women Commission, Kathmandu
Duration: 3 years
Intended date of starting: Mid-September 2016
Contract type: Service Contract
Level: Officer Level
The National Women Commission (NWC) was established by the Govermnent of Nepal through an Executive Decision in 2002 and a separate Act was promulgated in 2007. The NWC is the key agency responsible for monitoring GMT, as well as investigating and recommending cases to law enforcement agencies. The Commission also conducts civil awareness campaigns which address problems and issues related to women’s rights, as well as gender equality and gender justice; advocates implementation of gender inclusive and gender sensitive policies; investigates and monitors incidents of all forms of violence against women; and provides direct support, including legal aid and counseling, to survivors of various fonns of violence against women. In addition, it promotes affirmative action for marginalized and deprived women. The NWC partners with various government and non-government stakeholders, including national and international civil society organizations and bilateral and multilateral partner agencies, with a view to achieving its objectives. The NWC is currently implementing the project titled Integrated Platform for Gender Based Violence Prevention and Response in Nepal which aims to promote greater awareness and changes in social norms that lead to GBV, improve the quality and reach of support services for GBV survivors, and strengthen the capacity of National Women Commission in addressing GBV. A key feature of this project will be the establishment of a national helpline that will help to improve the delivery of services to survivors of violence The NWC is seeking a Project Manager for the Integrated Platform for Gender Based Violence Prevention and Response Project. The Responsibilities and Duties are described below.
Duties and Responsibilities: The Project Manager’s main duties and responsibilities include the following:
A. Program Management
- Provide efficient and meaningful leadership during the project implementation.
- Coordinate the day-to-day implementation of the project activities in a way that effectively contributes to achieving the outputs/objectives as stated in the Project Document.
- Prepare detailed work plans in consultation with the core implementation team (focal persons from The World Bank, CARE Nepal and the NWC).
- Ensure timely implementation of the project activities in accordance with the work plan.
- Collaborate and liaise with the project implementing partners.
- Undertake field visits as necessary to assess status of implementation of project activities.
- Take necessary corrective measures in consultation with the core team.
- Carry out project progress analysis in various stages of project implementation as referred to in the Project Document.
- Support the identification and management of resource persons, facilitators, researchers and other experts, as required. Monitor program budget and expenses.
- Ensure full compliance of the with World Bank rules, regulations and policies and monitor achievement of results
- Prepare narrative reports, Operations Manuals and other administrative reports.
- Coordinate the preparation of financial and procurement reports.
- Coordinate the procurement of necessary resources (goods and services) during project implementation.
- Support capacity building of NWC personnel and partner organizations.
- Serve as Member Secretary of the Project Steering Committee
B. Partnership and Coordination
- Develop and maintain effective relations with the relevant partners, stakeholders and counterparts at the central and district levels.
- Contribute to the development of appropriate working relations with key stakeholders on relevant aspects of gender sensitivity and Gender Based Violence
- Provide liaison and coordination support for planning of initiatives in districts as needed
- Organize Project Steering Committee meetings and other policy discussion events and meetings.
C. Monitoring and Evaluation
- Undertake regular planning, monitoring and reporting of project activities, including facilitation of the evaluation exercise
- Prepare timely reports of project activities for World Bank and Project Steering Committee as referred to in the project document.
- Draft project briefs and quarterly updates
- Ensure proper documentation of activities undertaken, as well as compile articles/write ups on activities.
- Gather track and analyze from diverse sources information on topics and issues relevant to Gender Based Violence
- Facilitate regular monitoring and tracking of project results through appropriate mechanisms at central and district levels Necessary Qualifications and Experience: Interested candidates should possess the following
qualifications and experience:
- Advanced university degree in social science, women studies, gender studies, or peace studies.
- At least 7 years of relevant professional experiences.
- Knowledge of gender issues in Nepal, particularly in GBV, including knowledge of international human rights standards
- Knowledge of developing and implementing monitoring and evaluation frameworks.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Fluency in oral and written English and Nepali
- Knowledge of computer programs (MS word, Excel, Power point etc)
- Experience working with government agencies, civil society or development organizations will be an added value.
Women and candidates from marginalized communities are encouraged to apply.
How To Apply
Qualified and interested candidates should submit their applications within 15 days from published date with a cover letter and an updated CV to email: firstname.lastname@example.org by mentioning “Application for the post of project manager” in the subject line or submit application to the following address mentioning the title “Application for the post of project manager” on the envelop.
NATIONAL WOMEN COMMISSION, Bhadrakali Plaza, Kathmandu, Nepal