ActionAid is a global federation working to end poverty and injustice with thousands of communities and millions of people across the planet. With 45 national members and country programmes worldwide, ActionAid focuses the majority of its resources on working with the poorest and most excluded women, men and children. ActionAid International Nepal (ANN) is a member of ActionAid International Federation, working in Nepal since 1982. AAIN seeks competent, committed, creative and result-oriented candidates for the position of Resource Generation Coordinator:
Position Title: Resource Generation Coordinator
Job Location: Kathmandu
No. of Vacancy: 1
The Resource Generation Coordinator will contribute to explore new funding sources, handle statutory reporting requirements of institutional development partners and other donors, and find appropriate projects within or outside the working area of ANN and ensure the fund is best managed and maintain good liaison with the funding countries and donors.
Key competencies required:
• Master’s degree in Management with specialization in marketing or other relevant degrees in social sciences.
• A minimum of five years’ experience in the development or other relevant sector with three years’ experience in fundraising, proposal development and donor relationship management.
• Knowledge of fund-raising techniques including, but not limited to: proposal writing; prospect research; donor relations and stewardship; public relations; and correspondence management.
• Excellent skills in written and spoken English and Nepali including the ability and experience to compose, edit, analyse and report using complex information
• Ability to translate complex technical language and ideas into language easily comprehensible to non-specialists.
• Interpersonal skills to facilitate work with a wide range of individuals and culturally diverse groups.
This is a senior level position based in Kathmandu with frequent travel inside the country.
Last date to apply: November 18, 2016.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested and competent candidates are requested to visit www.actionaid.org/nepal for more details, download the application form and send the completed application form along with an application letter with names of two referees by 18th November 2016 to firstname.lastname@example.org AAIN is an equal opportunity organisation which also believes in promoting affirmative action to enable women, dalit, disabled and ethnic people.