The Gurkha Welfare Trust Nepal (GWT-N) invites application from suitably qualified applicants for the following positions: Rural Health Practitioners (Suitably qualified and licensed Nurse for our Area Welfare Centres based at Diktel, Bhojpur, Taplejung and Myagdi.
- Are you interested in joining an exciting organisation dedicated to delivering high quality welfare and medical support to elderly pensioners across Nepal?
- Do you want to make a difference and contribute to developing healthcare in Nepal?
- Do you have good commands of both spoken and written English?
- Are you computer literate and a Nepali citizen?
The successful applicant must be qualified and licensed as a Nurse in Nepal and should have preferably obtained Bachelor degree in Nursing with a minimum of 3 years practical work experience. Have good commands of both spoken and written in English.
REQUIRED BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE
The successful candidate should have experience of practising as a nurse in an international standard hospital/medical facility in Nepal, must be familiar with standard infection control precautions, be a team player, must be able to function independently but show the ability to identify patient needs above their knowledge or competency and escalate to the medical management for clinical assistance.
You will be based in a GWT rural centre (along with other non-medical staff) and act as first point of contact for pensioners for acute and chronic disease management in accordance of competency and policy.
- Maintain highest possible standards of clinical practice
- Ensure standards of practice and service delivery as laid down by local regulations and the International Standards of Practice are maintained and that documentation of same is up to date.
- Ensure that Universal Precautions are followed at all times.
- Actively participate in the Continuous Quality Improvement program
- Ensure that all waste is managed in accordance with local Regulations and GWT (N) standards
- Perform tests and investigations as required such as ECG, Spirometry, POC blood tests, in accordance with the guidelines
- The successful applicant will be responsible to comprehensively oversee a small Rural medical centre: Providing Health promotion information
- Performing other tasks as might be required within the scope of the Services
The successful candidate should have experience of working in a hospital or community setting delivering excellent nursing. Should have experience of working with International standards of nursing best practices and have awareness of the challenges in achieving these in Nepal.
We offer a Competitive salary with Provident Fund and Gratuity. One month pay as Festival Bonus and medical cover as per GWT-N Staff Regulations. The job is offered for 2 years initially and may be extended to one final year. The interview will be conducted in English.
How To Apply
Applications, clearly stating the job applied for, with Curriculum Vitae, recent passport size photo, copy of citizenship and any other relevant certificates should be sent to the Support and Human Resources Manager, The Gurkha Welfare Trust Nepal, British Gurkhas Pokhara, P.O. Box 50, Tallo Dip-16, Pokhara, Kaski, Nepal. The application submission deadline is 4th August 2018. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for written test and interview. Telephone calls will not be entertained.