Switzerland through its development cooperation has been engaged in Nepal since nearly half a century. With the establishment of its Embassy in Nepal in August 2009, Switzerland’s assistance in Nepal continues to focus in rural economy and social development through rural infrastructure, natural resources management and technical and vocational education. Switzerland is committed to support Nepal in the process of political and social conflict transformation as well as peace building at local and national level.
Driver (One) (4 years fixed term with possibility of extension)
With Zero tolerance to intoxication during duty hours and 24 hours prior to duty, the post holder undertakes following responsibilities under the line management of Transport and Office Premises Officer;
- Provide transport services to staff and visitors as per the instruction within and outside Kathmandu valley;
- Takes responsibility for the assigned vehicles for cleanliness, proper maintenance, as well as safety of self and the passengers;
- Maintains accurate, up-to-date records on vehicle log book, vehicle maintenance, fuel consumption, incident reports, accident reports, vehicle condition reports and other records as per the Embassy’s rules;
- Performs minor maintenance tasks on assigned vehicle(s) as required;
- Coordinates the schedule for major or periodic vehicle maintenance;
- Responds immediately to accident or medical emergencies as prescribed by Embassy’s Safety and Security Plan;
- Performs other duties as may be required.
The post holder, as per the need of the organization, will be required to work beyond normal duty hours i.e. before 09:00 a.m. and beyond 05:00 p.m.
Required Technical competence
Academic qualification of 10th standard; 2 years’ experience of driving different kinds of vehicles (incl. driving to field/districts); Ability to read and interpret road signs in Nepali & English as well as adhere to traffic rules and regulations; Knowledge of the operations and features of assigned vehicle(s); Ability to recognize vehicle maintenance needs as well as perform minor vehicle repairs; Ability to interpret policies and procedures, maps, and route directions
Required Social/behavioral competence
Reasoning skills; Good Interpersonal skills; Courtesy and Customer orientation; Able to work and contribute; positively in a team; Sensitive to gender and social inclusion; Ability to work in a multi-cultural team
Detailed Terms of References are available on the website https://www.fdfa.admin.ch/countries/ nepal/en/home/news/open-job-vacancies.html
How To Apply
Application in English with immediate contact address and a telephone number; an updated bio-data; copies of citizenship, valid driving license and academic credentials; and reference from former employer(s) should reach: Latest by 17:00hrs on 14th October 2016 through post or through email email@example.com. Please clearly mark “Application for Driver” respectively on the envelope/subject of the email.
Head Personnel and Administration (Chancery) P.O. Box 113 Kathmandu, Nepal
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The Embassy reserves the right to reject any or all applications without assigning any reasons. The Embassy of Switzerland in Nepal promotes workforce diversity and applies positive Discrimination to candidates from discriminates group (Women and candidates from Dalit, Janajati, Madheshi/Tarai and Other Minority Community.)