United Mission to Nepal (UMN) is an international development organisation which aims to enable the poorest people living in poverty to transform their lives, leading towards fullness of life As we serve the people of Nepal, multicultural teams of Nepali and volunteer expatriate staff work alongside local organisations in ten districts of the country, building partnerships that lead to healthy, dignified and empowered individuals and transformed communities
Position: Liaison Manager (Kathmandu based)
The main responsibility of the job is to build effective relationship between UMN and the Government of Nepal through networking and coordination to promote UMN’s work with government, building trust and understanding of UMN’s work The post-holder will report directly to the Executive Director and will be a part of the Executive Directors Team
Qualification and Experience:
- Master’s degree in Economics, Political/Social Science, Public Administration, Business Administration, Development Studies, or related field;
- Extensive experience (minimum of 3-5 years) of liaison with the Nepali government at multiple levels;
- Experience in managing inter-relationship among government ministries, civil society, and development organisations;
- Experience in leadership, setting strategy, and guiding others in strategic planning;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Well organised and self-motivated
Salaries and benefits will be according to UMN standards.
How To Apply
All interested individuals who meet the minimum qualifications are encouraged to apply for this position. The job Description and Application Form can be downloaded from our website: wvvw.umn.org.np/vacancy
Completed application forms should be sent by e-mail to email@example.com by 4:00pm on Wednesday, 20 September 2017, Short-listed candidates will be invited to participate in an assessment process. We especially encourage applications from women and marginalized groups.